Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lighten Up!

I have been sitting in our glider chair rocking my sweet baby day and night for 9 weeks now, looking at the walls of our humble abode. Looking and looking and looking. And I have come to the decision that I really REALLY want to re-paint our living room and kitchen.
I am all about color and happiness, which is painstakingly obvious when you walk into our home. But with our little house and low ceilings, I have learned that we shouldn't have picked such bold colors and gone with something softer, brighter, and lighter, to open the place up a bit.

I know it seems plain, but these clean, bright, airy rooms are HEAVEN to me! (really, the second one, mainly)




2 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm loving the second one as well...and it would make your room look so much bigger!!!

Molly Carman said...

I like how in that second picture, there's a dark wall through the doorway. I love when there are accents of bold colors.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lighten Up!

I have been sitting in our glider chair rocking my sweet baby day and night for 9 weeks now, looking at the walls of our humble abode. Looking and looking and looking. And I have come to the decision that I really REALLY want to re-paint our living room and kitchen.
I am all about color and happiness, which is painstakingly obvious when you walk into our home. But with our little house and low ceilings, I have learned that we shouldn't have picked such bold colors and gone with something softer, brighter, and lighter, to open the place up a bit.

I know it seems plain, but these clean, bright, airy rooms are HEAVEN to me! (really, the second one, mainly)




2 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm loving the second one as well...and it would make your room look so much bigger!!!

Molly Carman said...

I like how in that second picture, there's a dark wall through the doorway. I love when there are accents of bold colors.