Tuesday, March 16, 2010

ODE TO MY HUSBAND

Daddy is the greatest man on earth.
Me and Miss Ruby have been sick lately, and while she's gotten to sleep (as much as possible with a stuffy nose and congested chest), Mommy hasn't. Yesterday was really hard because I came to a breaking point where I started feeling really sick, and Kevin could see that because I wasn't getting any real sleep, I wasn't healing. So, he called into work, changed his schedule and responsibilities at church (hard for him to do, he is very responsible!) and stayed home with me. We called his mom and she came over and helped. Kevin made me go lay down in bed, gave me a back rub to help me sleep, and I was out. When I woke up 3 hours later, groceries were bought, some laundry was done, and the house was all picked up.
AND I GOT TO SLEEP!!
He stayed up all night with Ruby, feeding her with the breastmilk I've been pumping and storing. I didn't have to get up to feed her but one time, and that was because I was hurting and NEEDED to!
Ruby won't remember these days, the days that her and her daddy got to bond at such a young age, but the foundation is set and it means the world to me. That I'm married to a man that loves to be a good husband, loves to be a good father, and puts everyone before himself.
Kevin, I bless you, Mighty Man, for always taking care of us:)












4 comments:

Leslie McDaniel said...

Those pictures are PRICELESS!!! Kevin is such a wonderful man, I just love him!

I am truly convinced that a supportive, loving husband is the biggest blessing you can have. As one of my best friends, I am so glad you have that!

He really is so sweet and I hope you get to feeling better and healing quickly! Try to get some rest and remember, this is as hard as it's going to get. It only gets easier!

Leslie McDaniel said...

I just wanted to say again WE LOVE KEVIN!!! He is so awesome! I just love this post.

PEP RALLY FOR KEVIN!!!

jessica kiehn said...

haha Leslie! I love pep rallies, thank you. And YES supportive husbands ARE the biggest blessing!

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness, HOW PRECIOUS!!!!! I love those pictures!!! And what a blessing to have such a wonderful husband! I hope you continue to get better!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

ODE TO MY HUSBAND

Daddy is the greatest man on earth.
Me and Miss Ruby have been sick lately, and while she's gotten to sleep (as much as possible with a stuffy nose and congested chest), Mommy hasn't. Yesterday was really hard because I came to a breaking point where I started feeling really sick, and Kevin could see that because I wasn't getting any real sleep, I wasn't healing. So, he called into work, changed his schedule and responsibilities at church (hard for him to do, he is very responsible!) and stayed home with me. We called his mom and she came over and helped. Kevin made me go lay down in bed, gave me a back rub to help me sleep, and I was out. When I woke up 3 hours later, groceries were bought, some laundry was done, and the house was all picked up.
AND I GOT TO SLEEP!!
He stayed up all night with Ruby, feeding her with the breastmilk I've been pumping and storing. I didn't have to get up to feed her but one time, and that was because I was hurting and NEEDED to!
Ruby won't remember these days, the days that her and her daddy got to bond at such a young age, but the foundation is set and it means the world to me. That I'm married to a man that loves to be a good husband, loves to be a good father, and puts everyone before himself.
Kevin, I bless you, Mighty Man, for always taking care of us:)












4 comments:

Leslie McDaniel said...

Those pictures are PRICELESS!!! Kevin is such a wonderful man, I just love him!

I am truly convinced that a supportive, loving husband is the biggest blessing you can have. As one of my best friends, I am so glad you have that!

He really is so sweet and I hope you get to feeling better and healing quickly! Try to get some rest and remember, this is as hard as it's going to get. It only gets easier!

Leslie McDaniel said...

I just wanted to say again WE LOVE KEVIN!!! He is so awesome! I just love this post.

PEP RALLY FOR KEVIN!!!

jessica kiehn said...

haha Leslie! I love pep rallies, thank you. And YES supportive husbands ARE the biggest blessing!

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness, HOW PRECIOUS!!!!! I love those pictures!!! And what a blessing to have such a wonderful husband! I hope you continue to get better!