Thursday, February 25, 2010

This first picture is to show you how gorgeous I looked today. HAHA!! We took the boys to the field to let them run after the tennis ball and just go crazy. It was pretty chilly AND my hair was wet from taking a shower so I did whatever it took to keep my head warm (other than blowdry my hair...) Also, I would have LOVED to zip up my coat but we all know why that's unzipped!

I was laying on the couch today, and to be honest, was very very uncomfortable and hit a point where I just had to get up and do something. SO we went to Hobby Lobby and got some stuff for me to make these sweet little flowers for Ruby. I saw the idea and thought I'd do my own little version.

Oh, and I made this strawberry to go on a white onesie to match these leggings of hers.
This was my first attempt at anything like this ever and I must say...I am QUITE proud.
With all projects, I need to be faithful to sit down and learn first, then try. But impatiently, I just go at it and if it turns out great, if not, forget it. Luckily, these turned out great!

One day I will get those fancy people scissors that cut the different shapes for you, but until then, we'll just appreciate the raw, "unique", misshapen form of the flowers:)

6 comments:

Leslie McDaniel said...

Jessica, those are PRECIOUS! You have suck a knack for putting cool colors together. You really should open an Etsy store! Those flower onesies would sell like hotcakes! I love how it's not just plain old pink on pink. You really have an eye for color combos no one else would even think of. How are they applied to the onesie?

And what's the strawberry? An applique? How is it applied? I LOVE it, it's so cute.

Leslie McDaniel said...

Oh, and I like 4 or 5 different pair of the scissors you are talking about. You can borrow them anytime!

jessica kiehn said...

THANK YOU! about the scissors! (and everything else)
the strawberry is felt, too, that i just cut out and did puff paint for the little black seeds.
Everything will be applied by, of course, fabric glue, since i do not know how to sew:)
Hopefully it'll stay on!

Carman said...

So cute! I may have to copy this idea!

LaMiaBellaAma said...

Jess! Those are DARLING!!!!!! How fun will it be to do crafty stuff like that WITH Ruby James...too cute & fun! now will you make a cardigan for me with those flowers on the back?? :D

Joe and Melanie said...

That is tooo cute! I might have to steal your idea!!! :)

Thursday, February 25, 2010

This first picture is to show you how gorgeous I looked today. HAHA!! We took the boys to the field to let them run after the tennis ball and just go crazy. It was pretty chilly AND my hair was wet from taking a shower so I did whatever it took to keep my head warm (other than blowdry my hair...) Also, I would have LOVED to zip up my coat but we all know why that's unzipped!

I was laying on the couch today, and to be honest, was very very uncomfortable and hit a point where I just had to get up and do something. SO we went to Hobby Lobby and got some stuff for me to make these sweet little flowers for Ruby. I saw the idea and thought I'd do my own little version.

Oh, and I made this strawberry to go on a white onesie to match these leggings of hers.
This was my first attempt at anything like this ever and I must say...I am QUITE proud.
With all projects, I need to be faithful to sit down and learn first, then try. But impatiently, I just go at it and if it turns out great, if not, forget it. Luckily, these turned out great!

One day I will get those fancy people scissors that cut the different shapes for you, but until then, we'll just appreciate the raw, "unique", misshapen form of the flowers:)

6 comments:

Leslie McDaniel said...

Jessica, those are PRECIOUS! You have suck a knack for putting cool colors together. You really should open an Etsy store! Those flower onesies would sell like hotcakes! I love how it's not just plain old pink on pink. You really have an eye for color combos no one else would even think of. How are they applied to the onesie?

And what's the strawberry? An applique? How is it applied? I LOVE it, it's so cute.

Leslie McDaniel said...

Oh, and I like 4 or 5 different pair of the scissors you are talking about. You can borrow them anytime!

jessica kiehn said...

THANK YOU! about the scissors! (and everything else)
the strawberry is felt, too, that i just cut out and did puff paint for the little black seeds.
Everything will be applied by, of course, fabric glue, since i do not know how to sew:)
Hopefully it'll stay on!

Carman said...

So cute! I may have to copy this idea!

LaMiaBellaAma said...

Jess! Those are DARLING!!!!!! How fun will it be to do crafty stuff like that WITH Ruby James...too cute & fun! now will you make a cardigan for me with those flowers on the back?? :D

Joe and Melanie said...

That is tooo cute! I might have to steal your idea!!! :)