Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Here's a quiz a friend of mine sent me... feel free to take it and post your answers on your blogs, too!!

1. If you could take only 3 items on a deserted island, what would they be?
bottled water, Kevin (does that count?), cell phone to call someone to get me off of that island

2. Favorite movie?
oh gosh, good question. Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken, What About Bob, Mrs. Doubtfire, The Little Princess, I don't know I have tons. But they are all older ones, it's hard to find a good movie now-a-days.

3. Favorite TV show?
i would have to say either King of Queens, Boy Meets World, The Cosby Show, and sometimes The Office. I also really liked Intervention when that was on.

4. Favorite singer/band?
Alison Krauss, Alana Davis, Kevin's side project Midway is really fun to listen to, oh, USHER. yes, i love R&B it's my favorite type of music. There's some black in me. Ruby will be dancing to a smooth voice and a sweet beat by the age of 1. And not like a little white girl, she will be dancing AWESOMELY.

5. Most memorable or funniest childhood memory?
oh my...i have many. I was crazy as a child. One time my older brother and sister were making fun of me saying i was so weird and acting disgusted by how crazy i was. so something rose up inside of my little 5 year old body and i stripped all my clothes off, ran to the big front window and yelled "look at me world!!", completely naked, to shock my older siblings. You think i'm crazy, i'll SHOW you crazy...I thought to myself.
Wonder what my kids will do.

6. Favorite food?
honestly, i don't have a favorite. I am the farthest thing from being a picky eater. I do, however, have a food that I do NOT like and that is HAM! bleh!!

7. Most embarrassing moment?
My sophomore year, I walked into the completely empty cafeteria while all the senior football players and coaches were meeting at some lunch tables to vote the homecoming queen. This was my opportunity to shine, it's just me and these boys, come on Jessica. So i started up the stairs in front of them, focusing on each step, sucking my belly in, etc. I thought I would start "bouncing" each step to be extra cute, instead of walk on them like a regular person. You can guess the rest...

8. Favorite color?
black, classy and goes with everything

9. Best gift you ever received?
i have no idea. there are too many to even name. but i will never forget, our first christmas together as a married couple was our sweetest yet. After we opened all of our presents and i thought everything was over and i was already so thankful for what Kevin had gotten me, he said "i think there's one more for you" and pulled one out that i TOTALLY had not seen, and was not expecting at all. Our awesome camera, a Nikon D40, that we use all the time and love to this day. It was so sweet how he pulled it off, I even started crying!

10. Favorite website?
why, blogspot.com of course!

11. If you could have any occupation, what would it be?
STAY AT HOME MOM!!!!!! with an income of a lot, also.

12. If you were an animal, you would be what, and why?
I would be a dog, because by watching our dogs, it's not TOO far off from what I'd like to do. Play, eat, rest, have my owners cuddle me, get treats, get brushed, etc. Not too shabby...

13. What's your idea of a perfect date?
something different! Dinner and a movie is SO not my dream date. A good walk by somewhere really pretty, something out on the lake, a picnic somewhere, just something different and fun.

14. What's your biggest talent?
i have no idea. i have a very creative side to me that used to be expressed often. But as i got older and had to focus on work and schedules and clients and money, the creativity seemed to dwindle. But that is coming back!! I am making time for all things.

15. What's your biggest weakness?
self-control, particularly in eating. i have all that i need, because the Father promised it to me, but i have yet to tap in to all of mine. This, too, will and IS changing. Little by little.

16. What's your best physical characteristic?
i don't have anything on me that i think is my "best" but i really am thankful, because I wouldn't change anything about me. the random crooked teeth, the shape of things, it's all just a part of who you are, and i love that.

17. What's something you want to accomplish before you die?
Kevin and i have a dream to own a boat one day and spend our summers taking our family and friends out on it ALL the time.

4 comments:

Leslie McDaniel said...

Okay, this is AWESOME! I knew the falling on the stairs in front of the football team, but I had totally forgotten about the naked in the window story! I LOVE that one! I am dying of laughter over here...

jessica kiehn said...

i have one too many childhood moments like that. some that don't even need to be posted on the world wide web...

Brittany said...

Hey I LOVED your question/answer time! You should see the post I did similar to that in October! http://naturallyestes.blogspot.com/2009/10/this-week-lynnette-kraft-at-dancing.html
fun stuff!

Dennis said...

Vickie and I have talked about sailing and living on a boat in the Florida Keys. Y'all can tie up or anchor next to us anytime. We can even baby sit for you.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Here's a quiz a friend of mine sent me... feel free to take it and post your answers on your blogs, too!!

1. If you could take only 3 items on a deserted island, what would they be?
bottled water, Kevin (does that count?), cell phone to call someone to get me off of that island

2. Favorite movie?
oh gosh, good question. Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken, What About Bob, Mrs. Doubtfire, The Little Princess, I don't know I have tons. But they are all older ones, it's hard to find a good movie now-a-days.

3. Favorite TV show?
i would have to say either King of Queens, Boy Meets World, The Cosby Show, and sometimes The Office. I also really liked Intervention when that was on.

4. Favorite singer/band?
Alison Krauss, Alana Davis, Kevin's side project Midway is really fun to listen to, oh, USHER. yes, i love R&B it's my favorite type of music. There's some black in me. Ruby will be dancing to a smooth voice and a sweet beat by the age of 1. And not like a little white girl, she will be dancing AWESOMELY.

5. Most memorable or funniest childhood memory?
oh my...i have many. I was crazy as a child. One time my older brother and sister were making fun of me saying i was so weird and acting disgusted by how crazy i was. so something rose up inside of my little 5 year old body and i stripped all my clothes off, ran to the big front window and yelled "look at me world!!", completely naked, to shock my older siblings. You think i'm crazy, i'll SHOW you crazy...I thought to myself.
Wonder what my kids will do.

6. Favorite food?
honestly, i don't have a favorite. I am the farthest thing from being a picky eater. I do, however, have a food that I do NOT like and that is HAM! bleh!!

7. Most embarrassing moment?
My sophomore year, I walked into the completely empty cafeteria while all the senior football players and coaches were meeting at some lunch tables to vote the homecoming queen. This was my opportunity to shine, it's just me and these boys, come on Jessica. So i started up the stairs in front of them, focusing on each step, sucking my belly in, etc. I thought I would start "bouncing" each step to be extra cute, instead of walk on them like a regular person. You can guess the rest...

8. Favorite color?
black, classy and goes with everything

9. Best gift you ever received?
i have no idea. there are too many to even name. but i will never forget, our first christmas together as a married couple was our sweetest yet. After we opened all of our presents and i thought everything was over and i was already so thankful for what Kevin had gotten me, he said "i think there's one more for you" and pulled one out that i TOTALLY had not seen, and was not expecting at all. Our awesome camera, a Nikon D40, that we use all the time and love to this day. It was so sweet how he pulled it off, I even started crying!

10. Favorite website?
why, blogspot.com of course!

11. If you could have any occupation, what would it be?
STAY AT HOME MOM!!!!!! with an income of a lot, also.

12. If you were an animal, you would be what, and why?
I would be a dog, because by watching our dogs, it's not TOO far off from what I'd like to do. Play, eat, rest, have my owners cuddle me, get treats, get brushed, etc. Not too shabby...

13. What's your idea of a perfect date?
something different! Dinner and a movie is SO not my dream date. A good walk by somewhere really pretty, something out on the lake, a picnic somewhere, just something different and fun.

14. What's your biggest talent?
i have no idea. i have a very creative side to me that used to be expressed often. But as i got older and had to focus on work and schedules and clients and money, the creativity seemed to dwindle. But that is coming back!! I am making time for all things.

15. What's your biggest weakness?
self-control, particularly in eating. i have all that i need, because the Father promised it to me, but i have yet to tap in to all of mine. This, too, will and IS changing. Little by little.

16. What's your best physical characteristic?
i don't have anything on me that i think is my "best" but i really am thankful, because I wouldn't change anything about me. the random crooked teeth, the shape of things, it's all just a part of who you are, and i love that.

17. What's something you want to accomplish before you die?
Kevin and i have a dream to own a boat one day and spend our summers taking our family and friends out on it ALL the time.

4 comments:

Leslie McDaniel said...

Okay, this is AWESOME! I knew the falling on the stairs in front of the football team, but I had totally forgotten about the naked in the window story! I LOVE that one! I am dying of laughter over here...

jessica kiehn said...

i have one too many childhood moments like that. some that don't even need to be posted on the world wide web...

Brittany said...

Hey I LOVED your question/answer time! You should see the post I did similar to that in October! http://naturallyestes.blogspot.com/2009/10/this-week-lynnette-kraft-at-dancing.html
fun stuff!

Dennis said...

Vickie and I have talked about sailing and living on a boat in the Florida Keys. Y'all can tie up or anchor next to us anytime. We can even baby sit for you.