Thursday, January 7, 2010

Staying At Home

Well I have TECHNICALLY been home for 2, going on 3 workdays. This is a whole new world for me. I have learned that I am most certainly a person of structure and order. Not bogged down, or in bondage to anything, but I just like order. So after a day of doing hardly anything at all I realized...

"ok this isn't going to work."

My whole reasoning for taking maternity leave early was because I need to REST. I was pushing myself too hard physically at work and it was taking it's toll on me and our baby. Also, you all can please be praying for this: I have a "vericose vein" (I hate to call it that, it sounds so bad) that is excruciatingly painful to stand on, and it's in a lovely area, very low, under my belly if you know what I mean:/ So standing on that causes great pressure on that vein and needless to say I can't stand for long periods of time.

However, I can't sit for long periods of time because I'm just thinking the whole time "there are things to be done!"

SO

I have started making to-do lists, even for staying at home.
Even if it's for simple, obvious things that don't need to be written like "pick up the house".
EVEN if it's "brush your teeth"
I will rest well, knowing that what I set out to accomplish, has been done.

:)

2 comments:

Larsen Family said...

You'll soon have too much to do without the time to do it in. :) Enjoy your solitude and watch movies, read, or nap. As soon as Ruby is here, you won't have the time, you'll be busy holding, staring, and loving on her.

jessica kiehn said...

Thank you, Christina. I know you are right!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Staying At Home

Well I have TECHNICALLY been home for 2, going on 3 workdays. This is a whole new world for me. I have learned that I am most certainly a person of structure and order. Not bogged down, or in bondage to anything, but I just like order. So after a day of doing hardly anything at all I realized...

"ok this isn't going to work."

My whole reasoning for taking maternity leave early was because I need to REST. I was pushing myself too hard physically at work and it was taking it's toll on me and our baby. Also, you all can please be praying for this: I have a "vericose vein" (I hate to call it that, it sounds so bad) that is excruciatingly painful to stand on, and it's in a lovely area, very low, under my belly if you know what I mean:/ So standing on that causes great pressure on that vein and needless to say I can't stand for long periods of time.

However, I can't sit for long periods of time because I'm just thinking the whole time "there are things to be done!"

SO

I have started making to-do lists, even for staying at home.
Even if it's for simple, obvious things that don't need to be written like "pick up the house".
EVEN if it's "brush your teeth"
I will rest well, knowing that what I set out to accomplish, has been done.

:)

2 comments:

Larsen Family said...

You'll soon have too much to do without the time to do it in. :) Enjoy your solitude and watch movies, read, or nap. As soon as Ruby is here, you won't have the time, you'll be busy holding, staring, and loving on her.

jessica kiehn said...

Thank you, Christina. I know you are right!