Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The First of Many

Well I can't believe I'm blogging. But here it goes.
I have officially passed the "must check Facebook everyday" phase of my life, so we created this to still keep up with close friends and family without the dramatic status changes, relationship woes, and unnecessary clubbing pictures that Facebook comes with. I will gladly take advantage of the day and age we live in and use the technology we have to keep up with loved ones. And what better way than a website like this?!

As most of you know, I am 7 1/2 months pregnant with our first baby, a sweet little girl, that we have named Ruby James Kiehn. James, after her Daddy's middle name. I have a feeling Kevin and her are going to be VERY close. I recently left my job of doing hair for nearly 7 years, and I stay at home now. I CAN'T BELIEVE I'm actually getting to say that, but I am! The change is temporary, and as far as our natural eyes can see, I will be going back to work in June 2010. But who know? Our Father, of course. And He will most certainly reveal to us what we are to do. Let's just say I'm not going to put a cap on anything, and give Him free reign to do whatever in our lives. So...stay at home, or back to work...we'll see. Until then, I am going to enjoy EVERY MINUTE of this season in our lives of where we are now.

I will keep you updated on my pregnancy, Kevin's part in all of that, and of course, Ruby herself.

So here's to a new phase in our life: Staying at home, the house actually staying clean, resting (yes, I am taking NAPS these days!) budgeting and finding new ways to save money, preparing for a baby and soon HAVING one, pressing into the things of the Spirit like we never have before, learning to cook (it's about time) and of course..."blogging" to our dear loved ones.

3 comments:

Alabaster Girls of Dust Off Your Tiara said...

yea! :) to all of it!!

Larsen Family said...

If you need any help cooking, I'm your gal. Love to cook and help others learn to cook. Just thought I would share. :)

KimKlip71 said...

Yes, take naps!!!! Since you are working on the cooking, one thing that REALLY helped when we got home with Meghan...is that I cooked and froze about two weeks worth of meals pre-Meghan. Have fun with the stay at home thing!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The First of Many

Well I can't believe I'm blogging. But here it goes.
I have officially passed the "must check Facebook everyday" phase of my life, so we created this to still keep up with close friends and family without the dramatic status changes, relationship woes, and unnecessary clubbing pictures that Facebook comes with. I will gladly take advantage of the day and age we live in and use the technology we have to keep up with loved ones. And what better way than a website like this?!

As most of you know, I am 7 1/2 months pregnant with our first baby, a sweet little girl, that we have named Ruby James Kiehn. James, after her Daddy's middle name. I have a feeling Kevin and her are going to be VERY close. I recently left my job of doing hair for nearly 7 years, and I stay at home now. I CAN'T BELIEVE I'm actually getting to say that, but I am! The change is temporary, and as far as our natural eyes can see, I will be going back to work in June 2010. But who know? Our Father, of course. And He will most certainly reveal to us what we are to do. Let's just say I'm not going to put a cap on anything, and give Him free reign to do whatever in our lives. So...stay at home, or back to work...we'll see. Until then, I am going to enjoy EVERY MINUTE of this season in our lives of where we are now.

I will keep you updated on my pregnancy, Kevin's part in all of that, and of course, Ruby herself.

So here's to a new phase in our life: Staying at home, the house actually staying clean, resting (yes, I am taking NAPS these days!) budgeting and finding new ways to save money, preparing for a baby and soon HAVING one, pressing into the things of the Spirit like we never have before, learning to cook (it's about time) and of course..."blogging" to our dear loved ones.

3 comments:

Alabaster Girls of Dust Off Your Tiara said...

yea! :) to all of it!!

Larsen Family said...

If you need any help cooking, I'm your gal. Love to cook and help others learn to cook. Just thought I would share. :)

KimKlip71 said...

Yes, take naps!!!! Since you are working on the cooking, one thing that REALLY helped when we got home with Meghan...is that I cooked and froze about two weeks worth of meals pre-Meghan. Have fun with the stay at home thing!