I am new to this. I have been down this road many times and I always end up frustrated.
I find recipes, I buys groceries, and they always go bad before I ever use them, wasting tons and tons of money.
I am no longer in a place to waste money (who is?) so I have got to get better at this.
My questions are:
1) How do you know what to keep in your house at all times? (I mean, beyond chicken...)
2) How do you keep those food from going bad so quickly? (i.e. when you buy tomatoes, avacadoes, lettuce, you have to use it soon or it gets bad fast)
3) How do you keep things in your house to cook, have ALL the ingredients you need for an average recipe, and not end up going to the store 4 times a week?!
4) Is it possible to cook a meal 6 days of the week, and do it all for $100 a week in groceries? Or am I kidding myself?
5) So let's say I can put together a recipe and I did well...NOW what do I do for side dishes?! (easy ones)
Please help. I want to be good at cooking, I want to provide great nutrients for my family, and I want to save money while doing it. I KNOW it's possible!!